The Digital Discovery is driven by the free WaveForms (3.5.4 or later) software and can be configured to be any of the below instruments:
- 32-channel digital logic analyzer (1.2V to 3.3V CMOS, 8 channels at 800MS/s*, 16 channels at 400MS/s*, and 32 channels at 200MS/s)
- Digital Bus Analyzers (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN, Parallel)
- 16-channel pattern generator (1.2V to 3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, and LEDs
- A programmable power supply of 1.2V to 3.3V/100mA
*Note: to obtain speeds of 200MS/s and higher, the High-Speed Adapter must be used.
The Digital Discovery was designed for anyone embarking on embedded development. Its features and specifications were deliberately chosen to maintain a small and portable form factor, withstand use in a variety of environments, and keep costs down while balancing the requirements of operating on USB Power.